Monday, December 15, 2008

Blogging for Real Estate SEO

"What's a blog?" "Why should I blog?" And of course, "What's it going to do to help me?" These are all questions I'm sure many real estate agents have asked when someone reccommend they start blogging.

Usually blogs are free, and you could think of them as an online diary of sorts (though they take many different shapes and forms). But if you're looking to generate some amount of online exposure you almost NEED a blog. Most blogging platforms like Blogger, Wordpress, and my new favorite, Active Rain, all make it extremely easy to reach your targeted niche of Internet traffic.

I live on the Crystal Coast of NC and am amazed that local Real Estate agents are just now beginning to jump on the blog bandwagon. I guess with the current downturn some of the more Internet savvy agents have realized blogging makes good use of downtime, while providing immense SEO or search engine optimization benefits to your main site.

Although, I'm sure it won't be long before the Crystal Coast area agents start blogging their brains out. But good on them, because the ones that heed my advice will be in great position once we hit the bottom, maybe in June like Kramer says.

No comments: