Saturday, December 20, 2008

Learning PHP/MySQL

Well, I've been playing with PHP and MySQL for a couple weeks now. And I must say that I am thouroughly impressed by both platforms. Especially considering they're free. I always considered them as something for ameteurs and low budget projects. But the more I learn about them, the more I like them. Right now to me it seems these two platforms can do anything I need to happen on my website....for now, until I start playing with JavaScript and AJAX.

But at any rate, they are both very useful for building a dynamic site rich in user generated content. Don't tell anyone, but that is my ultimate goal here. I want to produce a site that the users who eventually will pay for access to my site will also be generating the most valuable content for me. It should be a win-win situation. I'll be happy once it works well and people start using it. The users will be happy, because they will be able to market their product in a cost-effective way.

Well wish me luck, I have two other blogs that need attention and I need to continue whipping up some more code.

No comments: