Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Google Does it Again

Well I just got blown away today. I like to think I am totally in tune with what Google is doing and where they're going with certain things. However, I was totally surprised by what they've done with the maps.

A friend of mine at work and i were looking at something on the map and i was showing him where I lived on the Crystal Coast. Pretty normal stuff. Then he said, "Oh street view." I was at the helm with the mouse and I said, "What?"

"What the heck is street view?"

Well then he showed me that a lot of places on the map have this new "street view" available. On some maps there is a little icon that looks like an orange man. You click on him:






And you can then make the little man walk right by your house, your friend's house, or even a place you were thinking of moving into. For instance I could have looked at my house before I moved in.

I tried embedding the streetview so you could see it, but no love. So here's the link here.

No comments: